Flying Start to Literacy
There are 386 books in the program: fascinating topics and ideas to learn about, funny stories to laugh at, exciting adventure stories, reports, interviews, explanations, procedures, plays and shared books.
Each book is one of a connected pair. A narrative book and an informative book present the same key concepts and vocabulary.
An award-winning, comprehensive literacy program
Flying Start to Literacy reflects best practice in literacy instruction and supports the systematic development of reading strategies and skills.
Features of the program:
- Key vocabulary is introduced systematically
- A high rate of repetition of high-frequency words and a low ratio of unfamiliar words
- Text complexity is carefully sequenced to build reading strategies
- Phonics and phonemic awareness is systematically developed
- Fluency enhances comprehension
- A variety of text types enable the development of a range of reading strategies
- Reading and writing is linked
- Assessment is ongoing to inform instruction.
Showing 1 - 24 of 309 products