Key Links Emerald - Fluency: 11 books
Reading Recovery Levels: 25-26
More explicit links between oral language, reading and writing.
Key Links Guided Reading titles are specifically written to grab the interest and attention of readers, providing them with rich teaching opportunities. The unique focus panels allow teachers and students to have in-depth discussions around what and how they read.
Comprehension strategies new at this level:
- Evaluating ideas and information
- Clarifying not only words but also phrasese
- Compare and contrast
- Scan and skim
Guided Reading for developing Fluent Readers.The prompts in the FOCUS PANELS of these 11 fluency reading titles:
- encourage students to identify and discuss what good readers and writers do
- dig deeper into comprehension strategies
- examine each author's craft including using literary devices
- explore the use of vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure.
- Tapping into Talent(Narrative)
- Silly Putty(Personal Narrative)
- Lens on Nightlife(Informational Explanation)
- Saving for the Future(Informational Explanation)
- Fiction Today, Fact Tomorrow(Informational Report)
- Invisible Threads(Informational Report)
- Moments in Time(Description)
- Talking to Trees(Description)
- Technophobia(Persuasive Argument)
- Readers's Viewpoints(Peruasive Argument)